Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Like Mother Like Daughter

There is an oft repeated story in my household from my growing up years. It goes like this, "Do you remember when you ate...?" The answer is always yes, I do, as much as I can. I ate an entire bottle of baby aspirin, give or take a few, and got a wonderful trip to the emergency room out of the deal. I don't remember that part. What I do remember is saying I had a headache, being denied aspirin by my mother, climbing on the counter, retrieving them, and having a pill popping party in the hallway. On my back with my legs crossed over one another and swinging my foot. It was a great time, really, and my head did quit hurting.

Fast forward to today. Very few medicines are in non- child- proof containers so you think you would be safe. Au contraire, my little pet. Not when you have Finn the drug seeker in your house. She has been gnawing on her hands and drooling very attractively for days which are sure signs of new teeth. I bought a fresh bottle of teething tablets recently and have dispensed a few here and there over the last couple weeks. At most, I have used 20- 25 tablets. Out of a bottle of 250, we have 196 left. Yes I counted them after she came down the hall with the open bottle and said "I get teethy medicine Mommy. I feel better." Just so you know they were mostly out of reach and she did have to use her stool to get them. No longer are they in an accessible area and more childproofing will be done very soon.

No comments:


Love this face