Chloe, dear sweet Chloe has never been a great sleeper. She hasn't even been a good sleeper. Naps are brief and far between. Add in a fever and a cold and all heck breaks loose. For the past two nights Chloe has one or two wake-ups and general fussiness. Last night was brutal. For some reason the Motrin I gave her for fever wired her and she ran around the living room for hours after bedtime. At 10:30 I locked her in her high chair in front of the TV with a snack. She contentedly jabbered at Baby Mozart for 30 mins or so and then wanted up. I got her to sleep on the couch around 11:15. Then I put her in her bed. I did not expect to see her until morning. Chloe had other plans. At some point she woke up feverish again and came to sleep in our bed. She slept, I didn't. Between feet in my back and a hand slapping my face, slumber alluded me. So at 4 am when I awoke yet again to see Chloe standing over me, I gave up and went back to the living room. We ate a sandwich and watched more TV. Eventually she fell asleep again. She did not leave me much room but I think I still dozed off briefly. We were back up with the sun and let's just say Chloe's mood (and mine for that matter) is directly affected by the lack of zzzzz's. Here's hoping her first nap of the day helps one of us out.

The show begins

Smashingly good crackers

No room for you lady!


The aftermath
No comments:
Post a Comment