Our Family
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Disney Day 4- Animal Kingdom
Our day at Animal Kingdom started with Chloe vomiting in the car before we ever got out of the hotel parking lot. Nice, very nice! After a dash back up stairs for clean up we headed back out. I had a feeling our day would be short-lived but since we had already bought tickets I didn't want to stay at the hotel. (btw, she was running no fever and acting fine, so I wasn't sure if it was a virus or just something that did not agree with her tummy) We managed to make it to the park but were too late to do the safari ride before the Lion King show. So we grabbed fast passes (love those things) for later and saw the Lion King show. Finn covered her eyes a few times but enjoyed it overall. Then we ate an early lunch--did I mention we skipped breakfast-- because we were all starving. Chloe held down her lunch without a problem so I thought we were in the clear. Then, Jeremy, Finn and I went on the safari ride. My parents and sister kept Chloe because their fast passes were for a little later. The safari ride was so cool and Finn is still talking about the giraffe she saw. After that ride, it was off to kill time while we waited for the Nemo show. A short visit in Dinoland and popsicles later we were seated in the auditorium waiting for the show. Finley wanted to see Crush most of all but fell asleep before he appeared on stage. I loved this show. Then we timed things just so, and with the help of the rest of our group, had front row seats for the parade. Chloe stopped and hugged every character she could get the attention of and almost did not let loose of Pluto. Exhausted, hot and cranky we headed back to the hotel. Jeremy and I were supposed to see the shuttle launch but we opted out at the last minute. Lots of things factored into our decision and boy was it a wise one. We had time to take the girls for a quick dip in the pool, eat dinner, and catch some zzzzz's before Finn started vomiting in her sleep. Yep, Chloe actually had a slight stomach virus which she thoughtfully shared with her sister. Nothing like shoving a hotel ice bucket in your kid's face in a sleepy stupor and hoping they actually hit it. It also made for a very very very long car ride home. Thank goodness I had packed a "plat bucket".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this face
No comments:
Post a Comment