
on our way
During our drive we passed the following bus. We called our confidential know-it-all to see if John was actually in Alabama. No one knew for sure but Finn talked about "John's bus" the rest of the weekend and requested at least 30 times to hear "John's bus music". (John's bus music= We didn't start the fire--Billy Joel which happened to be playing at that moment)

We arrived in Atlanta, dropped Tee Tee at the hotel and headed off to spend a bit of precious time with 2 kids I love dearly. After our visit with C and LK, we headed to the "moth" (mall) and did some shopping. Finn loved the American Girl store and ran from doll to doll going "ooooooo, look." Her favorite thing was the white dog named Coconut because it had a leash. We were dealing with a short nap situation so we headed back to the hotel after a brief stop in Target, where I picked up the cutest Valentine's outfits for the girls. I thought I was being really smart and bought a 8oz bottle of milk so Finn could get a cup before bed. Turns out it was the stuff of nightmares. See, after we got back to the hotel, I gave Finn her cup and put the leftover milk in the fridge. I expected her to crash and sleep rather quickly, but no. I ate a few cookies I had bought for myself and drank what was left of Finn's milk. She saw me do this and commenced to screaming loud enough to wake people two floors away. Nothing was calming her and so I had to get out of my pj's and go look for more milk. Wouldn't you know the in-hotel shop had everything but milk? So I asked the desk attendant if he could please get me some and he did. I will forever be grateful to the staff of the hotel who opened the kitchen at 9PM to get me a cup of milk. So I go back upstairs and she finally goes to sleep. At this point, I think maybe the rest of the night will not be so bad. Then I get slapped in the face...literally. A few seconds later came a barrage of kicks centered in my upper back. This continued ALL night. When she wasn't tossing and turning, snoring, or whining in her sleep, I was brutalized by her adorable little feet. At some point in the dead of night, she started thrashing and screaming "It's mine, It's mine" (could this have been about Mommy drinking the milk?)

are you kidding me? we are sleeping here?
Finn did not know until Saturday morning what our true adventure was going to occur. I showed her the tickets and told her what was going to happen right before breakfast. She was still clueless. We ate our tasty hotel provided meal and headed out to go to the show.

She began singing loudly as we zipped down the GA 400 (stuff of nightmares too, *shudder*) that we are going to see Diego, we are going to see Diego. We get to the Fox and have 30 mins to kill once we get into our seats. We managed to avoid the over priced cheaply made souveneirs until the second act was in full swing. So we had a snack and waited for magic.

Now, I will confess I was scared to death that Finn would hate the show or be scared and cry. I so wanted it to be special and if I could have captured her face on camera when she saw Diego swing across the stage, priceless, truly priceless. I would have paid ten times as much just to get to see that look.

right before showtime
She danced, clawed the air like a fierce jaguar, sang, was amazed and loved every minute. She would get out in the aisle, dance and try to sneak a little closer to the front. I really believe had she had the opportunity she would have climbed on stage to shake it with Sammy and Diego.

after the show--she really is so happy she could have cried
The video below is from before the show started.
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a fun adventure! I've thought about taking Sophie to see that show before. She's a Diego fan too! :)
Post a Comment