Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another Use For Insurance Cards.....

On Saturday, I was busy going in and out of the house trying to clean up after a yard sale. My Mom was there too and Finn was our shadow. So I grabbed a box and headed toward the door, turned the knob and LOCKED! I peered in the window and saw Finn's angelic face smiling at me. A cheerful "Hi Mommy!" and the panic set in. You see, Chloe was in their room asleep and my Mom was outside with me. Of three doors on our house, one and only one actually opens with a key, one doesn't open at all, and the third, well it is mainly for looks. So I realize I also have no phone with which to call for help. Oh and there is no key hidden outside, we had one that met its doom in a BBQ grill but that is a story for another time. I walk around the house trying to decide which window to break after I spent five minutes trying to get Finn to unlock the door. Even intelligent 2-yr-olds don't really get that concept. Then I spot my neighbor arriving home. Surely this man will know what to do. And he does. Right before I grab the biggest rock I could find, he pops the door open with a Blue Cross Blue Shield card. My hero!

No comments:


Love this face