1. Campbell's Chicken Noodle and yellow Tupperware bowls--we had many a lunch of this during summers off from school
2. How she cried at Little House on the Prairie (and a lot of other shows too)
3. The way her purse smelled like chewing gum (Wrigley's and Freedent mostly)
4. Reading about the day I was born in her diary
5. When we would have to take cover during tornado warnings she always made sure someone grabbed her boxes of pictures
6. She HATED snakes and couldn't stand to see them on TV or in books
7. How proud I was that she was there to welcome Chloe home from the hospital since traveling was not easy on her
8. The crafts she always made with her church groups and for us
9. How strong she had to be to live on her own after my Pop died
10. That she was very close to her sisters
11. She loved sweets of all kinds but especially candy
12. Her caramel pies and red velvet cake
13. She always had hope that we would have a white Christmas--definitely not a given in AL
14. She LOVED the Atlanta Braves and never missed watching a game if she could help it
15. She also loved her "stories" (soap operas for everyone else)
16. The trunk full of fabric that was the springboard for dozens of fashions shows
17. Her green beans, they were the best
18. The twinkle in her eye when she was really happy (can you see it in the picture?)
19. That she was at my wedding in Gatlinburg, another trip that wasn't easy for her to make
20. The stash of peppermint sticks in her kitchen drawer
21. Christina Katerina and the Box, a book I must have read a thousand times at her house
22. The way she ran (or at least moved really fast) when someone said "snake!" in their vegetable garden
23. My red flannel gown she made me at Christmas one year.
24. The fact that she kept the bookmark I gave her in 1995 up until a few weeks ago when she gave it back to me
25. Her very ticklish neck
9 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. You mom sounds like a great woman and a wonderful mom. We will be praying for your family during this hard time.
By the way I could see the sparkle in her eye in the picture!
Hannah
I am SO sorry for the loss of your Grandma ... I do love your post in her honor though! ANd what a lovely picture at the end ... sounds like she was amazing and I know she will be sorely missed ... God Bless!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!
I am so so sorry for your loss. I will be sending prayers your way. Hugs
I am sooo sorry!
I am so so sorry for your loss. :( I have tears reading your 25 things. What a very special lady! I am so glad you had the opportunity to spend so much time with her and share that special bond. What a precious picture. I will be saying prayers for everyone's peace and healing.
MANY MANY MANY HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
Hugs
Ellie
You are in my thoughts and prayers..its sooo hard to lose a loved one...You have some great memories and that will forever stay with you!!!
I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandma... love all the things that you love about her. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
So sorry for your loss! She seems like a special lady!
Post a Comment