

Saturday morning we (Finley, Chloe, me and Granna) got up bright and early and headed to the Quad. I needed to get t-shirts for the girls because their wardrobe has been sorely lacking in crimson attire this season. So two shirts and a Mountain Dew later we went to find a spot to watch the parade. Both girls seemed to enjoy what they could see but Chloe did not like the loud horns or fire engine sirens. We spent some time sitting near Denny Chimes listening to the music and letting the girls run. I took no great pictures in the morning because they would not stand still. Ring around the big tree was a lot more fun I guess.



After a snack, we headed on a long walk to meet up with some wonderful kids I spent a lot of time with when I was in Georgia. I was their greatest sitter of all time and if you want to know the truth, they were my practice kids. I love them very much and was happy to see them, even if it was a short visit. At this point in the day both Finley and Chloe had reached their breaking point and since we only had one stroller, so had my back. It was time to go but first we had to hike back to the library to catch up with some family. Waiting on us there was Alice, Kaye, and the baby boys. Everybody wanted lunch so again, off we hiked. We get to the restaurant and Finley shares a little Finn-ism with everyone. She said, "I want something better than a grilled cheese." Alice thought it was quite funny and told Finley that "maybe when your Granna gets moved you will get a decent meal." This may read as one of those had to be there moments but take my word for it, it was funny. A little shopping and it was back to play at the hotel. Chloe LOVED having her baby cousins nearby and worried both of them to death trying to feed them and pat their backs. There was also a lot of sticking the pacifier in the mouth and cooing "whatsamattuhlittlebaby?"




When the football game was over we were joined by even more cousins for pictures and playtime in the yard.






No comments:
Post a Comment