Step 1- Take down old paneling with its stupid unfinished wallpaper border.
Step 2- Remove nails and prep wood walls.
Step 3- Paint wood walls.
See not a big deal right? But as we have found NUMEROUS times with this house, NOTHING is ever easy. At the end of the hallway, right next to the girls' new bedroom door and the bathroom door was a hole. A hole that used to be a door that some dumb schmuck decided to board up just enough to have something to nail the paneling to. The paneling that is all over our house in this horrid shade of blue. But I digress. So now, we have to actually cover the hallway walls and this adds time and $$$ to something that was supposed to be easy.
In other remodeling news, the girls room is moving right along and IF (and this is a super gigantic IF) things continue to go well in their new digs we might have them in by Dec. 31st. Then we will complete the nursery transformation from girl to boy in January. There is no rush as Hutch will be rooming with us for at least a couple months.
I am also so far behind on the photo challenge that I might turn it into a 365 in 730 days project! There is never enough time to actually get creative and I just haven't felt like it. Way to go Erica on keeping up so far. I'm hoping that maybe when you are in the Aubrey slowdown and I have time to kill I will be motivated to catch up.
What I have felt like doing is listening to Chloe belt out "Whole New World" from their new favorite movie Aladdin. When she really gets into it, it is magical. I have even heard Finn and Chloe singing together in perfect harmony while sitting on a
We are also embarking on a new adventure here at Chez Scott. I am attempting to actually home-pre-school the girls. We made a judgement call that with rampant flu strains and a newborn to be, that over-exposure to outside folks and their germs doesn't make sense. So the girls are not going to be MDO this year. We are planning a forced hibernation for most of November- February until flu season begins to lessen. We will also be washing our hands a million times a day and using Germ-x all other times. I am sure I will be bored and a lot stir crazy so the blog will be hopping. Today was our first day of school and it went well. I am totally making this up as I go along and the curriculum is relaxed. We colored a letter "B" with blue, black and brown, painted with balloons, and looked for bugs in the yard. Finn traced letters and Chloe drew lines. We also talked throughout the day about words that start with B and they actually came up with some good ones. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes--it's all about beans.
No comments:
Post a Comment