Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The BIG birthday bonanza!

This is the last picture taken of Finley as a 2-year-old

Photobucket


On Finley's birthday, we headed to Applebee's for dinner with her bestest cousins Webb and Lillian. She loves them very much and I knew seeing them would make her day special. Here she is enjoying the magnifying glass that was part of her awesome bug jar present.

Photobucket

I made sure we chose a eating establishment that not only would sing to you, but do it loudly and with clapping. I think she was a little unnerved by it but loved the ice cream that came with it.

Photobucket

On Saturday we had her princess party complete with a special outfit made by Granna. Isn't she lovely?

Photobucket

One of her favorite presents--say cheeseburger!

Photobucket

The "big" present was also a huge hit!
Photobucket

It even has a Chloe sized door!

Photobucket

Peekaboo---now get outta my house!
Photobucket

Then it was time for cake and the all important wish. I don't know that she actually made one but maybe she did, and I really hope it comes true. And for those who are wondering, I did use my mad cake decorating skills to concoct the masterpiece you see below. Thanks to a extra dollop of frosting and a few well placed sugar decorations, nobody could tell it really resembled the San Andreas fault. Sure did taste good though.

Photobucket

After cake it was back outside for more sun, sand, smiles and swimming. It was hot but everybody had a blast. Chloe did not appreciate the sand in her shoes though.

Photobucket

Finn in profile
Photobucket

Knock knock can I come in?
Photobucket

Once we started filling the pool, the girls were in it and soaked. I do believe scunscreen and swimming will be our saving grace this summer. Chloe really doesn't need to man the water hose though.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This last picture has horrible coloring but I couldn't not share it. This is Finn "walking away". She would get out of the pool, scrunch her arms up and make a mad face, and say grumpily, "I'm walking away." Then she would start giggling and run back to the pool. We laughed really hard and kept encouraging her to do it again. And if you look closely, that is her daddy sitting in the pool.
Photobucket

No comments:


Love this face