Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 18, 2008

FFF- Hope

Louisa May Alcott:
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.


The theme at Kiss the Frog 4 Me this week is hope. Hope is all around us. Every day I hope my girls are happy. Every day I hope I show them more than enough love. I hope I tell them out loud and often that they are special to me. I hope that someday somewhere they will be kind to someone else. I hope that if I am remembered for but one thing it is that I was a good mother. I hope that life is gentle to my girls and they are never given more than they can handle. I hope I never forget the sound of Finley's giggle or the twinkle in Chloe's eyes. All of these things and so many more are wrapped in those two little girls sleeping down the hall. When I was trying to decide on an appropriate picture of the thousands I have taken, I thought of two. Here they are:




We are heading out for a little vacation soon and my biggest hope for our time away---that the time spent in the car will be free of plat bucket usage. For those who may not know, a plat bucket is the pink, or sometimes yellow pan most hospitals give away to any and all patients. Carsickness- it works great. Finn's 8 day stomach virus in November 2007- it was my best friend. The day I spent in bed when Finn shared that virus- we were like sisters. So when we set off on our trip the plat bucket will be handy and I hope it comes home dry. The last tiny bit of hope I have for the next several days is this. I really hope I am lucky enough to win this giveaway at one of my fave blogs. I check on them frequently as they are some of the cutest kids I have never met. I would love to get some of those super cool shirts for my girls and if I didn't have to pay for them, even better!!!!!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

You picked two great pictures for this weeks theme! My hope for you is that you all remain wel and have a safe and memorable journey!!
HUGS
mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi. I absolutely love your take on HOPE! It is the same thoughts on my girls...Love, Marci

Debbie said...

Great pictures and post!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation!! And you don't use the bucket!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hope your vacation is car sickness free!!! What a great message of hope!!

Hugs,Leslie

Stacey and Dewey said...

Beautiful pics!!! Have a safe, carsick free trip :) And goodluck on winning those darling shirts!!
Have a great weekend!
Stacey

Rebekah said...

Great pictures and a great post for your girls ... have a great vacation and I will be thinking of you and praying the bucket doesn't make its appearance ...

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! Hope you have a great vacation!!

Robyn


Love this face