Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stealing Material

We are a funny household. We tell knock-knock jokes, we love to laugh, and as any great comedian does, we have our go-to punchlines. This is called our material, the stuff that never fails to get a laugh. When I have seen fit to do so, I have, on occasion, borrowed some of these very funny quips from Jeremy. Then I get called a "material thief" or get one of those disgusted sighs followed by "there you go again, always stealing my material." For the record, he does the same thing to me. Now it seems Finley and Chloe have caught on and they are now stealing material from their daddy. One particular funny involves the donning of rubber training pants on one's head and exclaiming loudly, "I have looked everywhere and there are no more rubber pants." Really, it is a sight gag so I can understand why you are not laughing right now. The other bit is more slapstick in nature. It involves taking socks (or rubber pants) and tossing them in the air as if you cannot hold onto them. They get dropped, picked up, dropped again, you know the drill. Wait, I don't hear laughter. You don't think that is funny either. Huh, well then you probably won't see the humor in wind sprints or Dippin Dots. Tough crowd.

1 comment:

The Texas Trio said...

Hey Marianne!

I don't think that we will be in town for the Fiddler's convention. But that may change ... who knows! We are going to be coming sometime in the next month or so and would love to meet up with you all!

Quenta


Love this face