Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 7, 2009

C is for Coco, Computer Crash, and Crazy Days

First things first I know I have been majorly absent from blog land but I have a really good excuse. Just see my previous post. I have had my butt kicked literally by Sprout with bouts of all day sickness, exhaustion, and severe crankiness. I am starting to feel better so I'm back. I will be doing this post in three parts:

C is for Coco:

I don't always get to chronicle Chloe's funny sayings because well she doesn't say much. But lately she has been singing the Cookie Monster favorite "C is for cookie" but it comes out a little more like "C is for Toto (Coco) that's good enough for me". She also has verses where "C is for Mommy" and a lot of other things that do not start with C.
---------------------------------------------------------
Today at the gray house Chloe was saying goodbye to Granna and Granddaddy as they were heading out to Lowe's. There was mention of a treat for her being brought home and Granddaddy asked her what she would like. She replied, "a real tweat". So he said "what is a real treat?" and she said "Like some-ping to eat." That kid loves her some food.

----------------------------------------------------------

Computer Crash:

Right before the girls and I headed out for our Nashville getaway (more about this later) our computer died. Big old non-working do nothing piece of carp. So we decided he only option short of buying a new one was to try and use the recovery disk and get something working. Well that worked and our computer is now a 4-yr-old brand spanking new machine. Translation: Everything saved on the desktop or in folders is gone gone gone. I have my pictures up through December on our external hard drive but I discovered this morning January through April are gone. Why am I not a snotty crying mess over the loss? Because they are not really gone for good. They are carefully saved on April's external hard drive. So, my lesson in this is always back stuff up twice. If it is priceless, make sure you will not lose it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazy Days:

Aside from all of that stuff, we are heading into some crazy days ahead. I am in full-on party planning mode since some little girl will soon be 4!!!! How in the world did that happen? We also have dance recital coming up, a double dose of VBS in one week, and J's long Lake Charles adventure. Before I know it, June will be gone and so will my waistline.

No comments:


Love this face