Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who Me? It was an honor just to be nominated......







So after more than 2 years, I finally get an award thanks to Amber!!!! I really appreciate it and as quickly as I can I will list my addictions. You see Jeremy needs my help in a small roofing project so if I don't shake a leg I might just get covered in tar but hopefully not feathered.



1. Taking Pictures---I am not sure if it is a feeling of capturing a moment for the girls, or knowing that someday I am going to wish I could see their face again as they are right now that makes me pull out my camera. When I look at pictures of me as a child, it brings memories to the surface that I forgot I had. So my hope is the same for Finley and Chloe, that seeing a picture of them reading a bedtime story with Daddy will take them back to a time where they both fit on his lap and were happy to hear the tales of Fancy Nancy for the thousandth time. And for me, I am hopeful that a few super cute pictures will help me to remember that they were not always that way when they become teenagers.



2. Gymboree- Not even gonna lie or try to hide it under a label of clothes. For me, this store is the cutest way to coordinate my girls' wardrobe while keeping them looking like little girls. I will not say it is the most affordable (just ask Jeremy) because I too tend to overbuy but whatcha gonna do really? Have you seen their stuff?



3. Caffeine- Coffee in the morning, Mtn Dew or Coke at lunch, and tea at dinner. I am always a little buzzed and it is the only way I get through the day.



4. Blogs/Message Boards/Facebook- (I am merging all 3 of these things into one because I came up with another addiction.) I have tons of blogs I read. Some I check several times a day, and some once every week or two, but for some reason I love knowing what is going on in the lives of others. I guess I could call people to find these things out, but that would mean I would have to let go of my mouse. I started out on Babycenter's message boards when Finn was a baby. It was an awesome place to connect with other mothers whose kids were exactly Finn's age. Then I got involved in a daily thread that started when someone asked What's For Dinner? This evolved over time into a recipe website and another discussion board. Then from this board I got hooked on Facebook. So if anyone needs yet another addiction, I can tell you how to park cars and build a farm!


5. Chocolate Mint things-- Andes, Thin Mints, Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate, and my new love Candy Cane Oreos. It is a crying shame that the last two are only available at Christmas time.

Passing this on to:
Jenn D. (If you haven't had it yet)
Jen (Mommy to Arthur and the rest)
Kathleen
Betsy
Dellaina

No comments:


Love this face