Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Don't like Burger King Anymore!

Many moons ago I got a bad chicken sandwich from our local BK. You know the kind. The one that as soon as you finish eating it, you have a sense of impending doom. Oh doom it was. Months passed before I ever ventured there again. Slowly though I found other things to eat and we had a tentative friendship going on. Until Thursday night that is. They betrayed my trust and broke a 4-yr-old's heart. You see, we are all exhausted this week. Dance recital rehearsals have gone as late as 10:20 and poor Finn is suffering. Thursday was full dress rehearsal night meaning hair, makeup, three costumes and by the time it was done she was done. It was also my only chance at getting video and pictures so I made a deal bribed the heck out of her with a milkshake. I thought I was being smart, for the bargain price of $1.00 her eyes lit up and the smiles were terrific. We were able to leave at 9:15 and I knew they stayed open until 10 so off we drove. We get in the drive-thru and this is where the story takes a very bad turn. I thought I heard the car in front of me order a milkshake and then drive out of the line. I was not paying close attention so I pull up and proceed to fulfill Finn's wildest dreams. "I would like a #12 combo with a milkshake to drink." "Uhhh, yeah, we don't got no milkshake mix." It might have actually been proper English but I really stopped listening at don't. In the backseat Finn starts wailing. The kind of wail that comes from a child witnessing their mother back over the family dog twice while snapping the heads off of all the Barbie dolls. She just kept repeating why over and over and over. I bought chocolate milk and improvised a milkshake when we got home and that seemed to calm her down. Then we get to Friday. After the actual recital we head there again so they can redeem themselves. It is 10pm and apparently the dining room is closed and by the time we realized this, the drive thru line was approximately 74 cars long. No way we could wait it out. We left empty handed again and I had to use a ice cream sandwich from a gas station to help Finn recover.

No comments:


Love this face