Our Family
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Happy McDonalds Will Never Be The Same!
Thursday morning we headed out to Dothan for a quick stop in at my doctor's office. I was scheduled for my 30 week check-up and then the plan was to hit the road to Athens for some fiddlin' fun. Well, late the night before, Finn went plat. There was no fever and it only happened once (technically twice but so close together we call it once). She had no fever at all so I made her a "splash zone" in my bed should she get sick again and we drifted off to sleep. Thursday morning I knew we could be up a creek as any food crossing her lips made her plat. Ok, well what do you do? I had to make my appointment and I needed to care for Finn. Should I have decided to bag the Athens trip, I would have had to take two kids alone to the doctor with one being sick. I played out about 150 scenarios and decided my best bet was to continue with the original plan. If Finn were still sick when we reached Athens, I would quarantine ourselves in a bedroom and Lysol everyone who dared to come near us. She still was not running a fever and Chloe seemed fine. So off we go plat bucket in tow. She gets sick about 4-5 more times between leaving home and stopping for lunch in Troy. So, as any good parent would do, I whipped out my cooler pack containing a dose of Phenergan. I had two and was trying very hard not to use either one. Butt, in the front seat of the car facing a very busy road, I did what I had to do. She screamed and pleaded and finally had to be restrained. It was over quickly and we went inside. I think I washed my hands about 4 times. Finn was pathetically sad when she realized there was no happy meal with her name on it. Chloe on the other hand loved dipping her chicken, apples, and fries into the caramel sauce since I was too spent to get up and get her some ketchup. We continued our trip and Finn never got sick again. Until Sunday. That's right, on the car ride home we had to deal with HIVES. Oh yeah. The fun never stops on our trips. Early Sunday morning Finn said her feet itched. Being a good parent I ignored her as I packed all of our stuff up. During a bathroom break, a few hours later her hands and feet were covered. Before we could get a few exits down the road to a Walmart for Benadryl, they were gone and replaced by new spots. For the past three days she has had varying degrees of severity and longevity of the hives. I called her pediatrician when Benadryl was doing nothing to slow them down and made her completely off the charts crazy.I got some stronger than Benadryl medicine which has also done very little. So I again did what any good parent would do, and drug Finn to Chloe's well child visit today and prayed she would be hive-y all over. It worked and the doc said she thinks it is caused by a virus. What in this day and age isn't caused by a virus? Late this afternoon the hives disappeared and I have not seen them since. I fully expect them to come back but for now we are doing okay and crossing our fingers that nobody else gets sick. That's all we need right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this face
No comments:
Post a Comment