So to catch you up.....
Last Tuesday, we had an appointment to get photos taken for the church directory at 6pm. We promised the girls we would go eat at Pizza Hut after we were done if they did good. The first picture he took was marginally decent and it was the best of what we got. The rest of the pictures were terrible and once we looked at them on screen, he offered to retake them. We couldn't do that because Hutch had had a diaper malfunction and was no longer wearing his coordinating with his sisters outfit. Instead, he was wearing a worn out sleeper that was a hand-me-down. (Don't mistake the previous sentence--I love hand-me-downs a lot, but it just clashed with our Sunday best). The photographer then said even he wouldn't buy any of the pictures and we left to get pizza. This was also the day of Hutch's very first tub bath!





On Wednesday, Jeremy and I headed to the doctor's office to see if Hutch was indeed growing. At three days old, he was down to 8lbs 2 oz so I was anxious to see where he stood. I felt a huge sense of relief when the scale read 8 lbs 13 oz. It probably would have been a few ounces higher had he not had another diaper malfunction right before they called our name. I had to move him up to size 1's because he kept peeing out the umbilical cord notch in the newborn size. The size 1's though, leave a gap around his adorable little chicken legs. So we just use more Shout and Oxyclean and hope for the best.
After we got home, I dressed the girls up and we headed to church for a little Christmas caroling. Aren't the outfits they are wearing just cute as can be? I am only mentioning it because these were what I picked out and bought for them to wear at the big Disney Christmas party we planned to attend. Yep, this last week was when we were supposed to be celebrating Christmas at the happiest place on Earth. Instead I was cradling a newborn bundle of sweetness. There's always next year Mickey.



The girls had a blast caroling and that is where they learned those new songs they were sharing in the videos. In fact they are still singing those carols daily. I'm not quite tired of them yet.
Then on Sunday, the girls along with the rest of the kids in church rang hand bells during the service. They are really neat bells as they are color-coded and all the child needs to do is recognize their color when the card is flipped up. Finn was quite serious about what she was doing and Chloe, well she was dancing and ringing her bell whenever she felt like it. It was hilarious. (The video quality is terrible as we were not close enough but you can see Finn pretty good and Chloe is the one holding orange bells).



No comments:
Post a Comment