Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 21, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday- Holidays

After a brief hiatus, I am back to participating in Muffin Tin Monday at HCO. Having a three week old baby makes it hard to be creative and on time with stuff. So forgive me but better late than never! I combined last week's theme of Christmas stories/books with this week's Holiday one. For me, I love the smells of Christmas. Walking outside on a cold night and smelling the smoke from a neighbors' chimney, anything chocolate with mint, and cookies. Oh the cookies! So we did one of my favorite books The Sweet Smells of Christmas and had a smelly lunch.



We had applesauce (for the apple pie), a cheese Christmas tree (for the pine branches), candy cane pieces (for the candy cane--I know real original), gingerbread man sandwich (for the gingerbread cookie), hot chocolate (for the hot chocolate-- am I astounding you yet?), and oranges (for the orange Little Bear gets in his stocking). It was fun to be able to do this again and I will see you next week with a sparkly New Year's Muffin Tin!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

the hot chocolate was a nice touch, the tin looks great :)

Anonymous said...

Great tin! I am totally astounded.

Unknown said...

I admire you tremendously for doing this with a brand new baby!

edie & ella said...

seriously !?! are you TRYING to make us all look like losers???
Just kidding but what a fun idea I can't wait until Edie and Ella stop looking at the food I hand them and tossing it over their shoulder so I can try these fun ideas!!!!

Jamie said...

Awesome tin! I love it!


Love this face