Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Herding Cats Would Be Easier

So we all know I like difficult things. Ok not really but I love the idea of this tradition we started a few years ago. It's called the cousin couch shot. The more kids that get added the worse it becomes but some day these pictures will be laughed over and maybe shared at a reunion or two. Some factors that determine success, because we have had success, is time of day, amount of food consumed just prior to the shot, and quickness of the grown-ups whose job it is to toss kids on couch and get out of the way. Things did not go well at the most recent attempt: Marbut Family Christmas 2009. (ages of children involved range from 4 weeks to almost 10)

picture #1- not bad but not everyone is there and Finn and William have fingers in inappropriate places


I changed positions in the room and in my haste to snap quickly I did not realize I was getting great Allie shots and not great group shots, oh well.


My best picture since every kid's head is visible but now three of the kids have finger to nose connections ( I don't believe all three were actually digging, just looks that way)


Not all of the kids but William really digs this couch shot anyway


Rubbing a baby's head is supposed to bring good luck right?


Wynn was completely enamored with "baby" and kept finding him the whole night


These last two are just for Brittany who complained she has never made my blog!


No comments:


Love this face