Thursday night after we arrived we headed to the mall to stretch our legs and eat dinner. The girls enjoyed the bear store (Build a Bear) and the Mickey ear store (Disney Store). We did not buy any mall souvenirs except a couple things for Hutch. We went back to the hotel where the girls actually went to sleep with no trouble at all. Jeremy and I were shocked. Friday morning we were up bright and early and headed to he aquarium.

Girls with the whale shark mascot

Looking at fish with Daddy

Cheesin' with the fishes

Trying to touch them

Trying to climb in the tank

Finn watching the belugas

Finn sharing a little cheese with us!

Whee down the whale slide!
Chloe chose not to actually slide down and rode the elevator back to the ground floor.

Whaddya have for lunch? Hot dogs and frosted orange, yes please!

Sweet little Coco!

Beautiful Finn!

Delicious!


That was some good afternoon nap!!!!
After naps, we went to visit with Christian, Lucy-Kate, and new baby Rhys. Christian and Lucy-Kate were my first kids or the practice ones that I used before Finn came along. During the course of the evening, I scored some fantastic hand-me-downs for both girls and Hutch! We also had Mellow Mushroom pizza (yummy yummy!) and a chance to chat and catch up. Boy have I missed those kids! I'm very sad though that I took not one picture during the evening. Interesting tidbit for those who might care: Lucy Kate and Finn are approximately nine months apart in age and baby Rhys and Hutch will be approximately nine months apart in age. Weird.
Saturday morning we were up and at it again with a trip to the zoo with the Price family. We spent many a night when we lived in Atlanta playing games and hanging out with Rob and Jenny before our girls were born. Rob loves it if you do not bid during a Rook game when you actually have the Rook. He adores going set and will happily do it every time!!!

Staring at the elephants I think.....

Coco and Daddy

Coco in the gorilla house
Petting zoo fun coming right up!



Chloe played with this goat's ears for several minutes just pulling them up giggling and then dropping them back down. I was outside the petting zoo and missed this but I think she also was saying something like "These are your ears little goat!". Both Finn and Chloe had a great time playing with Hannah and Sophie and we really enjoyed our day. After we left the zoo, we headed for a quick stop at my friend Kyle's house. I have known Kyle for 4 years and our oldest kids are two days apart in age. I bought a bouncer and a couple of swaddling blankets from her and she also passed on some of her two boys' outgrown clothes. Yeah for Hutch's wardrobe! After that we headed back to the hotel and then back out for dinner. Sunday morning we slept in just a little and then headed to Ikea. We were checking out a daybed I have been in love with for years and have finally decided we might go back and get them for the girls' new room. We also found, after a long time searching, a nifty invention you will see on my photo challenge blog soon. The trip home was uneventful and long but we made it. I wish we could go on vacation a lot more often......well that was until I barely lived through the post-vacation Monday mood swings and re-entry to normal life. BRUTAL!
(p.s. Spellcheck was not working and I really wanted to go ahead and post so if you see something wrong, let it go and forget about it. I'll fix it tomorrow!)
1 comment:
It looks like a great "mini-vacation"! Love all the pictures!
Post a Comment