Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mini Vacation #1

Sunday afternoon the girls, Granna, and I headed out for 2 days of relaxation at Aunt Kaye's in Tuscaloosa. There was supposed to be lots of swimming pool play and peaceful naps and magazine reading for me. What we got was rain, tantrums, and bottomless pits always needing a snack. Finn was in heaven though because Aunt Kaye fulfilled her every wish when she bought her a real computer. Ok, so it's the Vtech Tote and Go Laptop but she loved it. Chloe enjoyed hers too because goodness knows Aunt Kaye is smart enough to avoid the fight that would have ensued had she bought only 1. This is not her first rodeo. But I think it is the first time she was the boat's motor......


Tuesday morning we visited Jeremy's grandmother, Nanny, for a little while

and then headed back to Aunt Kaye's. Where we got to SWIM! Yeah!!!!



I did manage to read an entire book, My Sister's Keeper, while I was there and eat at some of my favorite places. A little Taco Casa at the mall (btw, when did beefy nachos lose the beef?), Northport Diner, and Kaye's home cooking. I spent a lot of time in college eating in her kitchen.

No comments:


Love this face