In a crafty world
OK so that is a really bad way to start this post off as I only know that line from that annoying Barbie song from who knows when. But, I have been stalking Amber's blog for craftiness inspiration and I saw her dolls. They are super duper cute! Since I no longer have a sewing machine I decided we could do paper dolls. So I found a cute link with a boy and girl doll that each had a few outfits. Finn colored and talked and was generally amazed that she was going to get to change their clothes. Chloe did not finish her coloring. So after I carefully cut them out Finn played and played. This one was going to a party, this one needed to go to school, you get the idea. At the end of her fun I found this:

both dolls naked standing in Play-doh---what kind of crazy house do we live in?
The following pictures I was supposed to email to you Amber but since I am writing about you, I thought I would cheat a little. These are some old and new Granna outfits. They are designed by me and April (we help match fabrics) and my mom does the sewing. What do you think? (By the way, in the next series of photos goofy expressions are thrown in for free entertainment purposes only.)


Close up of the fabric!

Check out the twirl factor!


Peasant style dress made to coordinate with Finn's outfit for a birthday party!


Another twirly skirt!


Chloe's new top and pants--cute huh?

sneak preview of a future skirt!
To answer any questions you might have:
#1. Yes we will negotiate custom orders.
#2. Yes we will be willing to sell but not outfits #2 and #3 seen above. They are special to me but if you really love the look of them, please refer to FAQ #1 (hint, it's right above this one!)
#3 No I don't know prices yet but if you mention this blog post I might could get you a small discount. Or if you are family and/or refer a friend, we could work out a little something. I know the boss of the company pretty well.......
1 comment:
Love them all!! Margret has been busy.
I think me and the kids need to come for a visit just so I can shop the fabric store near you.
I hope squirt cooperates today and I also hope squirt will wear blue...poor Jeremy is already terribly outnumbered.
Also, where do you get the magazines with the "how to draw' stuff in them? Emma is no where near that level of drawing right now, and while I think Finn is a little advanced in that area, I would like to try those instructions with Emma.
Sorry, I guess I should have just e-mailed all of this...little long for a blog comment, huh?
Post a Comment